3) Recommended editing system for manuscript preparation is LaTeX. Microsoft Office or LibreOffice files are also acceptable. The open source editor LyX is suggested for best LaTeX quality with the minimum editing effort thanks to its very easy and effective visual interface. Stunning graphics can be obtained using Inkscape, an open source Scalable Vector Graphics software. You may use LyX, Inkscape, OpenOffice, Jabref (an useful tool for managing bibliographic material) and other Open Source software through a cloud server: RollApp.
4) IEEE is very strict about the requirements for PDF files for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, but formal control is mandatory before final submission, IEEE PDF eXpress® is available at the following address: http://www.pdf-express.org/plus/ . Click on the link "New Users - Click Here" and fill in your information. You will then need to enter your Conference ID: 36813xp. After your author account is set-up you will be able to follow the prompts to upload your file.
Below, you can find a drawing showing margin specification of IEEE manuscripts. Whatever your wordprocessor, final paper must adhere to specified measures.
IECON2016 offers a sophisticate graphical system fully integrated with final paper submission and performing PDF check according to IEEE specifications. Although this tool is experimental and not certified by IEEE, its use is warmly recommend before using IEEE PDF eXpress® because it gives a detailed report of problems, if any, including a graphical map of your paper, which will help you in successfully passing IEEE PDF eXpress® test.
In order to check your paper, you shoud enter in your author's center at http://cms.iecon2016.org, then upload your paper. You can perform multiple checks. Manuscripts will be considered submitted only after author's registration. Please take this opportunity to early fill ALL required data fields, you'll avoid then to spend your time during rush hours.
5) IEEE is very strict about the originality of published material. Submit only original work, not previously published or copyrighted. IECON2016 will be using the CrossCheck automated screening system to help verify originality of papers. Submitted works may be compared to over 20 million articles in databases worldwide. Papers that violate IEEE's publication principles may be rejected, even if provisionally accepted during the review process. If the violation is deemed severe, then disciplinary actions may also be taken by IEEE. All submitted and accepted papers will be copyrighted by IEEE, Authors will be required to fill IEEE Copyright form during final paper submission.
6) All final papers must be submitted through Conference Management System at http://cms.iecon2016.org. IEEE PDF eXpress® will be open July 4, submission system will be open July 8 and closed July 24. Please avoid last minute submission! During paper submission, Authors will be required to insert some personal informations (CV, photo, expertize, list of published papers etc): these informations will be used for registration purpose and for other functions strictly related to conference management: CV will be used by Session Chair to introduce Author to audience, photo will be shown on badge and in conference program, expertize to select potential Session Chairs (without entering all requested data you'll be never considered for being appointed Session Co-Chair). All these data will be managed in term of laws. Please notice that IECON2016 is using a new conference management system offering advanced services to conference attendees and to technical committee members: its behaviour greatly depends on the quality of users' information, therefore it is of paramount importance to fill all fields with significant attention and full responsibility.
7) Only papers presented by one of authors will be included in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library. All other papers will remain published on conference proceedings only. No-show papers are defined as papers submitted by authors who subsequently did not present the paper in-person (no videos, no remote cast) at the technical meeting. Presentations by proxies are not allowed, unless explicitly approved before the conference by the technical co-chairs. No-show papers that were not withdrawn and were published in the Proceedings must be identified as “No-Show” in the files submitted to IEEE for further publication (IEEE Xplore). No-shows will not be available on IEEE Xplore or other public access IEEE forums. IEEE will maintain an archive of no-shows. No refund of the paid fees can be claimed by the no-show author. Exceptions to this policy will be made by the General Chairs of the conference only if there is evidence that the no-show occurred because of unanticipated events beyond the control of the authors, and every option available to the authors to present the paper was exhausted. The no-show authors may appeal the decision of the Technical Program Chair to the Vice President-Conferences.
8) No-show papers are copyrighted and cannot be re-published without permission from the IEEE.
9) No registration refund will be given in any case.
10) Invitation letter for obtaining visa can be requested after registration. The letter will be issued in form of PDF file. For those requiring the letter in original and with handwritten signature, an express mail service will be available upon request. Mailing expenses will be required to author and will determined taking into account country of destination. Note: we have provided the main italian consulates of a copy of invitation letters, this should expedite process.
11) NEW! Authors should start their registration from their Author's Page. The Exagon - "No-Author" Registration - is only for those people willing to attend the conference and have no paper to present.
12) Some authors are experiencing some uploading problems. After analysis we have found PDF conversion problems. At this purpose, we recommend to convert winword files in PDF format using the software available at: https://docpub.com/pdfconvert/ . The use of this converter (free-ware) should solve the problem.
13) Students could apply for Student's Travel Award, please carefully read: http://www.iecon2016.org/index.php/welcome/students-forum
Latest update: August 9, 2016.